Answer a few simple questions about you and your home.
Decide how much cover you need and review your quote.
Buy online by credit or debit card or by direct debit from your bank account.

Get more from your home insurance

Get great discounts

Enjoy a no claim discount of up to 40% and a multi-policy discount of up to 10%*.

Alternative accommodation cover

If you can't stay in your home due to loss, we'll provide you with alternative accommodation.

Collect Fly Buys™ or Airpoints™

Collect Fly Buys points or Airpoints Dollars on every policy with State.

Home comprehensive insurance

Your home is probabaly the most expensive thing you own. With comprehensive cover, we’ll repair or rebuild your home up to the Home Sum Insured if there’s a fire or your home is damaged.

Get a quote

Or protect your home for specific events only with Home essentials cover

Home calculator

Use our calculator to work out the value of your home, so you know how much cover you need.

Work out your home value

Home insurance options

No claim discount and multi-policy discount
Legal liability cover up to $1,000,000
Sudden and accidental damage to your home
Alternative accommodation
Hidden gradual damage from leaking water in certain circumstances
Show more options
Get a quote
*Discounts apply to the base premium amount (or the net base premium amount after deduction of any other discount(s)) and do not apply to government levies, GST or optional extensions.

Combine your home and contents insurance and get a great discount

Some things just work better together. With HomePack Comprehensive insurance we’ll restore your home, up to the Home Sum Insured. We’ll also cover your belongings while they’re in your home or temporarily being used elsewhere in New Zealand. HomePack still counts as two policies towards your multi-policy discount*.

Find out more

Or, find out about HomePack Essentials

Frequently asked questions

If you get a quote and want to buy online you can do so annually by credit card or debit card or monthly or fortnightly by direct debit from your bank account.

Otherwise if you would like to pay annually, you can do so by: credit card over the phone, eftpos or cash at your local post shop, with a debit card or by posting a cheque.

If you prefer to pay monthly or fortnightly your options are direct debit from your bank account, or credit card.

Your home chattels are covered under home or contents policies, depending on the circumstances of those chattels. If the chattels are fixed into your home - such as a wall oven or built in dish drawers - they're covered under your home policy. If the chattels are removable - such as a washing machine, fridge or freezer - they're covered under your contents policy.

If you have a home that you use as a rental property, it's important to make sure you cover it with the most suitable policy. We have two options for you to consider: a landlord policy or a home policy. A landlord policy will cover you for malicious damage by a tenant. It also automatically covers chattels in the home for a minimum of $10,000 and provides more cover for loss of rent.

Under the home policy, these benefits are not included or don't provide much cover as the landlord policy. If you get a Home Comprehensive policy to cover your rental policy, we would recommend that you cover the chattels on a Contents Essentials policy with a minimum Sum Insured of $10,000.

Read more about it here

No, there is no fee for cancelling a policy. If you’ve been paying in advance, we’ll refund any “unused” premium.

This is calculated automatically based on your insurance and claims history.

Get a comprehensive home insurance quote now...   
Get a quote
Get a comprehensive home insurance quote now...