- The Bachcare Prize Draw (“Promotion”) is conducted by State, a business division of IAG New Zealand Limited (“State”), NZI Centre, 1 Fanshawe Street, Auckland 1010.
- Information on eligibility criteria, giveaway, winner selection and distribution and use of data form part of these terms and conditions.
- By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promotion commences on 27 February 2020 at 11am and ends at 11.59pm on 26 March 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
- The Promotion is open to existing State customers who are 18 years of age or over and residents of New Zealand as at 27 February 2020 and who receive the February 2020 Statemail newsletter during the Promotion Period
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must correctly complete and submit an online entry form on the State Promotion entry page during the Promotion Period. There is only one entry allowed per Eligible Customer.
- Entries that are incomplete or are not submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will be ineligible.
Prize and Prize Draw
- State is offering each Eligible Customer the chance to win one (1) $2000 Bachcare voucher which may be used towards accommodation booked via Bachcare’s online holiday homes booking site @ www.bachcare.co.nz (the “Prize”). Terms and conditions apply to the Prize, please see clauses 10 and 11.
- The prize winners will be drawn at random from all eligible entries on Tuesday 31 March (or such later date as is required by State) (“Prize Draw”).
- The Prize and it’s use (and associated use of any accommodation) is subject to Bachcare’s guest Terms and conditions.
- The Prize is valid for a period of one (1) year from the date of issue. You must book accommodation via Bachcare’s Website using the voucher within that period. Any remaining balance on the voucher may no longer be used after the expiry of this period.
- The prize winner will be contacted by State via phone or email on Friday 3 April 2020 (or such later date as required by State). If a winner has not responded to State within 24 hours of being contacted or has communicated to State that they do not want the Prize then State can at its discretion: (a) deem the prize winner to have forfeited their right to the Prize; and (b) re-draw another eligible prize winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The Prize will be emailed to the winner by three (3) working days after notification of their win. State will not be liable to any person for any damage caused to the Prize, or if the Prize is lost or goes missing, after the Prize is dispatched for delivery to the Prize winner. Prizes are not transferable, not refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The Prize must be taken as stated in these terms and conditions and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the Prize as stated or if the Prize is lost or stolen.
- State will not be held accountable for any costs, losses, damages and/or expenses (including travel fees) which the winner may incur in relation to the Prize, or any accommodation booked using the prize voucher.
- State will not be required to provide any person with a Prize where, in State’s sole discretion: a) that person is not (or is no longer) eligible; or b) State is unable to contact the person to arrange Prize collection after using reasonable endeavours.
- State reserves the right to discontinue, extend or amend this Promotion, including to re-schedule the Prize Draw at any time. State will only do this where it considers it is reasonable to do so.
- State’s decision on any matter regarding this Promotion will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Subject to any obligations under law, such as under the Consumer Guarantees Act or the Fair Trading Act, State and its related bodies corporate will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Promotion or any Prize. State will not be responsible for any lost or stolen Prize.
- State takes no responsibility for any misdirected, lost, incomplete, damaged, corrupted, incorrectly submitted or late entries, or any human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed data transmission, computer or network failure, or any other interruption that may affect the conduct of this Promotion.
- State may use and disclose entrants’ personal information to State’s agents or contractors for the purposes of conducting this Promotion and for marketing and promotional purposes. Entrants have the right to access and correct their personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 by contacting State in writing at 1 Fanshawe Street, Auckland or by calling 0800 80 24 24.
- Entrants agree that by entering this Promotion they give permission for State to use the contact details of the person they nominated in the online entry form for purposes of awarding the Prize only
- Entrants agree that if they win the Prize then State is entitled to use their name, contact details and photographs for State external and internal marketing, promotion, communication and publicity purposes in connection with the Promotion.