- Repair or rebuilding of your rental property
- If you have selected cover for your rental property and you have to repair or rebuild it because of sudden and accidental loss or damage, we’ll pay the cost of getting it back to a condition as near as possible to when it was new. This includes the cost of compliance (provided it was compliant with regulations before the damage), demolition and removal expenses, professional fees and up to $2,500 to restore the garden.
If you don’t rebuild or repair your property we’ll pay you the value of your loss based on the property’s market value at the time the damage occurred.
- Contents cover of $10,000
- If the contents you own in your rental property are damaged, we’ll either pay to repair them or we’ll pay you what they were worth before the loss or damage happened. Normally this cover is limited to $10,000 but you can choose a higher level of cover.
- Loss of rent if your property is damaged
- If your rental property can’t be lived in because it’s been damaged, we’ll pay you up to 52 weeks’ rent.
- Loss of rent if you have to evict tenants
- If you have to evict tenants because they haven’t paid their rent, we’ll pay you up to 12 weeks’ rent.
- Loss of rent if tenants vacate without notice
- If your tenant suddenly leaves your property without giving you the proper notice, we’ll pay you up to 6 weeks rent.
- Intentional damage or theft by tenants
- If you've selected this option, we'll cover the loss if your tenants or their guests intentionally damage or vandalise your property.
- Up to $1,000,000 of legal liability
- We’ll cover your legal liability if you accidentally damage someone else’s property or injure somebody, anywhere in New Zealand, in connection with owning your rental property. Provided you check with us first, we may also cover your legal fees.
- More about our Landlord insurance
- Payment legally stopped
If your tenant can legally stop paying rent under their tenancy agreement because they’re prevented from accessing the property or can’t use it because public utilities have failed, we’ll pay you up to 6 weeks’ rent.
- Download a copy of our Landlord insurance policy
- Download a copy of our Landlord insurance policy.
Please note this product does not qualify for a multi-policy discount. This information is intended as a guide only. There are exclusions and limits to the cover we provide. For the policy wording see our Landlord Insurance policy (PDF).