- Sudden and accidental loss or damage to your trailer, including theft
- We cover any sudden and accidental damage to your trailer, including theft.
- Repairs carried out by any repair service nationwide
- You can choose to have your car repaired by any authorised repair service. At State we have a large network of approved repairers.
- Excess protection from uninsured drivers
- You won’t have to pay the excess on a claim for damage caused by an uninsured driver if you can prove that the other driver was at fault, and give us the registration number of the other driver’s vehicle and their contact details.
You’ll also need to help us recover your claim from the driver or the owner of the other driver’s vehicle.
- Rescue costs
- If your trailer isn’t towable because of damage covered by this policy we’ll pay the cost of getting it to a repairer or safe place.
- Road clearing costs
- We’ll pay the cost of clearing debris from a road or parking area after an accident involving your trailer that’s covered by this policy.
- Personal liability protection for damage and injury you cause
- We’ll cover your legal liability if you accidently damage someone else’s property or injure someone when you’re using your trailer. Provided they’re approved in advance by us, we’ll also cover the costs of your legal defence.
This cover extends to anyone else using your trailer if you gave them permission to use it, if they don’t have any other insurance that might apply and they meet the same terms of this policy that you must meet.
- Download a copy of our Trailer insurance policy
- Download a copy of our Trailer insurance policy (PDF).
This information is intended as a guide only. There are exclusions and limits to the cover we provide. For the policy wording see our trailer insurance policy (PDF).