Why use our app?
Our free State app makes managing your insurance quick and easy. Plus, get great offers if you insure your car, home or contents with us.
- Make a claim
- Renew your insurance
- Update your direct debit
- View your policy summaries
- Download your policy documents
- Our new Roadside Rescue feature means you can simply tap to request a technician to come to your assistance.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I download the app from?
The Apple iPhone version can be downloaded from the App Store on your iPhone, or via the iTunes application on your computer. You will need to use the iTunes (NZ) store to find the app.
Android users can find the app on the Google Play Store, either using the Play Store app on your phone or by visiting http://play.google.com/store.
Which devices are supported?
The following devices and operating systems support the State app:
For Android apps:
- Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S5, S5 Note
- Samsung Galaxy S4, S4 Note
- LG Nexus 5
- HTC M8
The supported Android operating systems are 5.0 - 6.0.1
For Apple IOS apps:
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6S, 6 Plus, 6S Plus
- iPhone 5, 5S, 5SE
- iPhone 4s
The supported Apple operating systems are iOS 8.0 - 9.3
Can anyone download the app?
Yes. Although you will need to be a State customer with current car, house or contents insurance policies to access the offers and Roadside Rescue.
What are the features for the State app?
- Create an online account and view your current policies
- Online claims
- Pay your policy renewals
- Offers through partners, like VTNZ and Bridgestone
- Crash Notes - capture important information after an accident to help with a claim
- Emergency contact numbers
- Roadside Rescue
- Contact us; phone numbers, email us, app feedback
How often can I redeem an offer?
There are different availability rules for each offer. Check details in the app for what offers can be redeemed when and how many times.
Are the offers available at all of your partners' outlets?
No, our partners determine what they offer and where they offer them. Each offer is attached to a specific store, therefore it's important that you check and redeem the offer for the correct store.