- Repair or cost of replacement
- Covers your business assets for sudden and accidental damage. If they’re repairable, we’ll either get them fixed, so they’re as close as possible to the condition they were in immediately prior to the loss, or we’ll pay the cost of repairs.
If your assets can’t be repaired, we’ll pay to replace them with an equivalent item.
- Buildings, signs and exterior fittings
- If specified on the policy, business assets may include buildings and service facilities, signs, walls, gates, fences, paving and landscaping.
- Contents, including fixtures and equipment
- We also cover your business machinery, plant tools, fixtures and fittings, furnishings and furniture, tenant’s improvements and equipment. The cover also extends to items while they’re temporarily away from your place of business.
- Business stock and materials you own
- Stock and materials you use for your business are also covered, and the cover extends to stock up to $10,000 whilst it’s being transported in a vehicle that you use for your business.
- Cover the replacement of keys and locks
- Covers the cost of replacing your locks and locking devices if stolen or unlawfully duplicated.
- Reinstatement expenses
- Covers expenses involved in reinstating your business assets such as architects’ and surveyors’ fees.
- Prevention of damage
- Covers costs you incur in trying to prevent damage to your assets.
- Download a copy of our business assets insurance policy
- Download a copy of our business assets insurance policy:
This information is intended as a guide only. There are exclusions and limits to the cover we provide.