Cool things to know about State's car insurance
Here’s how it goes: You take out car cover. You don’t think about it again. We get it. Thankfully, here at State we’re insurance geeks and we’re here to help.
We’ve made it easy for you to find out some interesting things you might not know about your car insurance. Just read on.
Comprehensive car insurance
This is the full monty of cover in case your car gets damaged, you damage someone else’s car or property or accidentally injure someone when driving your car. Besides this, here’s some other benefits of this insurance:
- Car keys lost or stolen? Ouch. But it’s okay. We’ll pay the reasonable cost to replace them. Plus, for a claim of $300 or less you won’t have to pay an excess. That’ll help deal with the hassle.
- Towing, road clearing and transportation costs - Having an accident is stressful enough. So, we take care of some of the worries should the unexpected happen. You’re covered for the towing costs if your car isn’t driveable because of the accident as well as costs to clear debris on the road are all covered. And, if you’re stranded, we’ll get you, your family and your pets home or to where you need to be next.
- Medical expenses - It’s not just your car we take care of. Your insurance includes medical expenses cover up to $500 if you or your partner are hurt in an accident, and you don’t have to pay a separate excess.
- Trailer cover - Got a trailer or borrowed your mate’s trailer and they didn’t have cover? We’ll pay you for the cost of repairs of the damaged trailer or pay you the market value of the trailer up to $750. Plus, you’ll pay a special excess of only $100. That’s good to know.
Third Party and Third Party Fire and Theft cover
Third Party (TP) car insurance covers you for the damage you cause to someone else’s property (not your own), or if you accidentally injure someone when driving your car. Third Party Fire and Theft (TPFT) insurance offers third party cover as well as cover for your car in the event of a fire or if it is stolen. Some other benefits include:
- Cover for your car - You can get up to $3,000 cover if you’re hit by an uninsured driver who is totally to blame for the crash if you can give us information about the vehicle and at-fault driver.
- Car damaged or stolen and dumped? If your car is undrivable due to an event covered by your insurance, we’ll cover the towing costs of getting it to a repairer or safe place. Sorted.
To find out more about State’s car insurance and other cover benefits, click here.
*This information is intended as a guide only. There are exclusions and limits to the cover we provide so for the Car Insurance policy wording, click here.