Off to uni?

You'll need contents insurance
Find out more

Starting uni and moving into your own place?

Flybuys logo

Save money. Get rewards. No brainer

We’ll give you a loyalty discount after a year and a multi-policy discount of up to 10% when you insure your contents as well as your car with us. Plus, State is the only general insurance company that offers Flybuys. With Flybuys you can choose how you want to be rewarded, with Flybuys Points to spend in the Flybuys store, extra fuel discounts at Z or Caltex, or New World dollars to save on groceries.

Register your Flybuys card with us and we'll reward you with one Flybuys for every $25 of premium paid. We'll also give you chances to get bonus Flybuys throughout the year too. Sweet.

Questions? We’ve got you covered

If your parents have their contents insured with State

If your parents have their contents insured with State on our Comprehensive policy, you might still be covered under their policy while you're studying. If you are returning to your parents home for the summer break, their policy may continue to cover you. Give us a call or message us on Facebook to check.

Think you won't get burgled?

Think you won’t get burgled? Think again. Thieves often target houses that are left unattended during the day.

Accidentally damage your flat

If you accidentally damage your flat or any other persons property in NZ, you may have to cover the repair costs. It’s as easy as forgetting a hot pan on the stove, or spilling your morning coffee!

Even if you think your stuff isn't worth much

Even if you think your stuff isn’t worth much, have you worked out what it would cost to replace your iPhone, tablet, Xbox, headphones, bike, clothes, jewellery and gym gear? You get the picture, it’s a lot!

Our phone lines are much busier than usual, so there may be a long wait.

Did you know you can pay, claim, cancel, and more online? View all online options.

Alternatively, talk to Sam, our Chatbot, who can help with simple insurance questions.